POSF ULTRA OCR QUALIFIER SERIES 2
Registration ends today
1 year ago
LA MESA ULTRA OCR
Distance: 50km, 25km, 12km
No. of obstacles: 12 x 4
- Male and Female
Male and Female Age Group:
- 16~19 yrs
- 50 & above
- 40 & above
PARA category male and Female (12km only)
The event will be held at the The La Mesa Watershed Reservation, a protected area that preserves the only major watershed in Metro Manila. It is the primary source of drinking water for those living there, and it also contains the last remaining rainforest of its size in this area. That's why back in 1999 ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation, through Bantay Kalisan started "Save the La Mesa Wastershed Project". Their aim was to reforest and protect the watershed, and also to convert it into the environmental capital of Metro Manila.
The La Mesa Nature Reserve is completely reforested and has hiking and mountain bike trails for anyone to enjoy. Run in an almost untouched forest in the middle of the city with big trees overgrown with vines,dense bushes and the beautiful and calming view of the water reservoir.
GUIDELINES/RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Please proceed to the registration table for Body marking and Race band claiming
2. Secure the Race Bands around your wrist throughout the race. We will implement Race Bands as penalty system where racers must complete each Penalty obstacle to avoid getting his/her band/s cut.
- 50km: 5 bands each
- 25km: 5 Bands
- 12km –no bands, obstacles are optional but “Highly Recommended” ;)
3. START TIME
Please check your start time and stick to your time slot. Athletes arriving late after their start time will still be allowed to race but their time will start running from their assigned start time. Racers will start by groups of three; with 1 Minute interval between groups.
Athletes are not allowed to use the obstacles and the course for warm up.
Athletes who have finished their run will be required to leave the site 30 minutes after they finished the race.
- 50km: 5am
- 25km: 6am
- 12km: 7am
- 12km Para: 8am
4. CUT OFF TIMES:
- 50km: 9 hrs
- 25km: 4 hrs
- 12km: 2.5 hrs
5. RACE BANDS AND PENALTY
Since POSF Ultra OCR is a qualifying race for the National Team selection, and to conform to the World Obstacle standards, we will implement the 1 try rule for the 50km athletes and 2 tries/attempts for 15km/25km participants and unlimited tries for 6km racers.
Failure to do a penalty obstacle will mean a penalty for the racer. One band will be cut from the racer’s wrist every time he/she fail a penalty obstacle and is equivalent to “15 Burpees”. Losing all the wrist bands will mean the racer can still finish the race but will be unranked from the overall results.
There will be a dedicated area near the end of the race course where the penalties will be performed. Failure to perform the penalty exercise will mean disqualification from the race.
6. BODY MARKING
Our race staff will write your race numbers on both arms with permanent markers, avoid
putting on sun block before body marking
7. HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL
- Masks on at all times, except when racing.
- Mask on at the starting line, racers will only be allowed to remove their mask as soon as they reach the 1st obstacle.
- Social distancing (At least six feet apart)
- Regular hand disinfection.
- Athletes who fail to observe these protocols, despite constant reminders from organizers, will be asked to leave the venue immediately.
8. AID STATIONS/REFILLING STATIONS: There will be 4 Water refilling stations along the Race Course It’s a must that you bring your own water bottle or Hydration packs to ensure proper hydration all throughout the race, no paper cups will be provided during the race and racers will be required to refill their own hydration system from the water containers provided in the stations.
9. Support crew is allowed but limited to one person per racer only. Spectators are not allowed in the venue. Racers who will bring in friends/family members to the venue without Event Director’s consent will be disqualified from the event.
10. Littering is strictly prohibited. There will be garbage/ trash bags located at the aid stations. Violation of this rule will mean outright disqualification from the race.
11. Trails will be clearly marked and marshals will be posted specially on the critical points along the course. All runners should run only on the marked trails. NO SHORTCUTS. Violation means outright disqualification from the race.
Mandatory Obstacles: All racers are required to do it.
Penalty Obstacle: Failure to do the obstacle with the allowed number of tries will mean a penalty for the racer.
- 6x1m wall: Mandatory
- Inverted Wall : Mandatory
- Hurdlesl: Mandatory
- Through Wall: Mandatory
- OUOU: Mandatory
- Rings: Penalty
- Monkey Bars: Penalty
- Wheels: Penalty
- Cliff hanger: Penalty
- Z Balance beam: Mandatory
- Cargo Crawl: Mandatory
- 6ft Wall: Mandatory
- 20 Burpees: Mandatory
- 20 Push ups: Mandatory
- Jump Squats: mandatory
50km/25km Runners: Each runner must be self-contained/ self-reliant. Complete with the following mandatory items:
- Hydration bottle/ pack (at least 1. Liter)
- Trail food/ water
- Fully charged cellphone (Optional)
15km/12km Runners: Each runner must be self-contained/ self-reliant. Complete with the following mandatory items:
- Hydration bottle/ pack (at least 8 00ml)
- Trail Food (optional)
NOTE: These mandatory items will be inspected upon check-in at the starting line and during the race
Participants can only register via register.raceyaya.com, Participants should ensure they have read all race and event details, rules, and protocols and agree to the terms of participation by ticking it before submitting registration.
1. Registration is only confirmed after payment. Paid fees are non-refundable, non-transferable & non-creditable to future POSF ULTRA OCR QUALIFIERS.
2. Participants should read all details and FAQs on this page and the terms and conditions before submitting their registration.
3. Participants should use an accessible email where confirmation and event updates and announcements will be sent if any. Updates may be posted and updated on this page and in Vermosa Bike Trails and RaceYaya social media accounts. It is the participants' responsibility to be informed of any updates.
Please read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS on the use of the Registration Platform.