GRIT All Women Trail Run Cebu
March 17, 2024
Unleash your GRIT! Girls Running in Trails — an empowering adventure designed by women, for women.
This trail-running event is more than just a race; it's a celebration of strength, resilience, and the unyielding spirit of female runners. Join us for a day of camaraderie, as we navigate scenic trails, conquer challenges, and forge lasting connections. Choose your distance with the 10-Mile Challenge or 10KM Trail Run
Whether you're a seasoned trail athlete or a novice, GRIT welcomes all levels of runners to embrace the empowering atmosphere. Ignite your passion for trail running, discover the thrill of the outdoors, and be part of a supportive community that celebrates the grit within every woman.
This event will be happening simultaneously on March 17, 2024, in Koronadal, and Cebu City, while in Baguio, it will be on March 10, 2024.
WHEN: March 17, 2024
WHERE: Nazareth Gym, Buhisan, Cebu City
WHO CAN JOIN: All self-identified women, regardless of age or running experience, are invited to participate in the women's run. This event is inclusive and aims to empower women of all backgrounds and fitness levels. Whether you're a seasoned trail runner or a beginner taking your first steps, everyone is welcome to join the GRIT Girls Running in Trails event. The focus is on fostering a supportive and encouraging atmosphere where women can come together to celebrate their strength, resilience, and shared passion for trail running. We believe in the power of unity and the transformative experience that comes from women supporting women on the trail.
- 16km Challenge (Early Bird: 1200/Regular: 1500)
- 10KM Trail Run (Early Bird: 1000/Regular: 1300)
- 800 meters (800 pesos)
- 2kms (900 pesos)
Venue: Buhisan Ecopark
- Event Shirt
- Water station
- Race Insurance
- Early Bird Rate: January 20 to February 5, 2024
- Regular Rate: February 6 to 25, 2024
RACE KIT CLAIMING: March 16, 2024 at 2:00 -6:00 pm
RACE BRIEFING: March 16 at 3:00 pm
RACE CHECK-IN: 1 hour before the respective gun start
- 16KM Challenge - 5:30 am
- 10KM Trail Run - 6:30 am
RACE CUT-OFF TIME:
2:30 PM FOR ALL CATEGORIES
Kids Categories Gunstart:
Venue: Buhisan Ecopark
RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS
A. REQUIRED GEAR
RACE BIB: The official race bib must be worn in front with the number fully visible at all times and worn in front. The timing device must be worn on the wrist and surrendered to race officials after crossing the finish line. Participants who run the race without their race bib properly displayed and race bracelet surrendered risk not having their finish and split times recorded. Participants should fill up the reverse side of the race bib which should contain the emergency contact number of the closest family member who is near the event location.
Runners without the official race number will not be allowed to run.
NUTRITION AND HYDRATION: There will be available food and water stations on the course. Participants must bring a minimum of 100cal nutrition and 600ml water for the 10km and 10-mile categories. This is a green event and there will be no paper cups available. Please bring your own bottle for refill.
RUNNING ATTIRE: Participants must be in comfortable running attire and/or footwear. Running topless is not allowed. Participants may wear costumes with the following restrictions: 1) a fully covered face will not be allowed and 2) the costume should not go beyond one-foot perimeter from the body. WHISTLE - All participants must bring a whistle.
B. RACE START
Participants should arrive at the starting line 1H before gun-start and enter via the official entry chute. Entering the starting line chute on the barricaded side or at the front of the starting line is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Participants who arrive 15 minutes after the gun start will not be allowed to run.
The official finish time is recorded by the timing system from when the starting time takes off and up to when a participant crosses the finish line. There will be no deductions for late start.
D. THE ROUTE
Participants must stay within the route as indicated. Unofficial pacers or other unregistered participants are not permitted in the course.
E. THE FINISH
Participants should cross the finish line and surrender their timing bracelet. Failure to do so may result in the finish time not captured. The race course will be closed after the cut-off.
The following rules must be observed for the safety of the racers, staff, volunteers, and event officials.
- Participants must follow the instructions of all event officials (staff and volunteers).
- The following are not permitted in the course: skates, vehicles, pets (except for the PET RUN), bulky outfits extending to more than one foot of body perimeter or fully covered face.
- Participants and their guardians must ensure that they are fit and prepared for the activity they are participating as declared in the waiver.
- Participants are required to assist or immediately report to race officials should any runner be found in distress.
- Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by event officials, medical staff, or any governmental authority, including firefighters and police officers.
- THE ORGANIZER AND PHILTRA reserve the right to change the details of the event, including delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks.