FINIS Green Aquathlon - Mindanao Series
October 16, 2022
FINIS Green Aquathlon - Mindanao Series
ADULTS (16 yrs old and above)
KIDS Male & Female:
- 6 & under
- 7-8 yrs
- 9-10 yrs
- 11-12 yrs
- 13-15 yrs
Adults Aquathlon: 2.5k Run - 800m Swim - 2.5k Run
Kids Aquathlon (AGE, SWIM, RUN):
- 6 & under 50m 200m
- 7-8 100m 200m
- 9-10 200m 1km
- 11-12 300m 1.5km
- 13-15 400m 2km
FINIS is a Latin word that signifies "the end" or "grand finale." It holds symbolic meaning to the company as it not only contains the word 'fin' (our first product), but the word FINIS also represents the true nature of why we, as swimmers, undergo such rigorous training schedules. We continue to strive and improve upon such an unnatural, but immensely rewarding sport.
FINIS is, and will always remain, whole heartedly committed to the discovery and development of innovative swimming products that enable athletes to meet that "end" or "grand finale" of a finish line that we as competitors and individuals set as a benchmark to become bigger and better than who we are today.
RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All participants will be provided with Finis event swim caps and must be worn during their heats. No exceptions.
- Body markings (race numbers) must appear on both upper arms.
- Race Bib Numbers are to be worn during the 2 run segments.
- Bare torso biking or running is not allowed.
- Vehicular traffic will be controlled but not closed.
- Athletes must follow all traffic rules, safety protocols and watch out for his/her own road safety
- No headsets or music devices during the run
- All swimmers must wear the swim cap provided in your race packet. You will be Disqualified if you don’t wear it.
- No fins, paddles or flotation devices of any kind are allowed.
- No individual paddlers or escorts are allowed. Safety measures provided by the organizers will be ample for all athletes.
- Time penalties will be imposed on athletes not behind the official start line five (5) minutes prior to the race start.
- Swimmers are required to swim the entire course, stay on course -- failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance shall raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance. A swimmer, who has received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race, unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress. No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receive medical assistance.
- After the swim, transition area will be available. No changing will be allowed in the transition area. Public nudity is prohibited throughout the entire event.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times in the run route. Race bibs must be visible in the front of the runners at all times during the run, and the race numbers cannot be cut, folded, or altered in any way. Race belts may be used to secure the race bibs.
- A runner may only run, walk, or crawl as forward progress in the run course.
- A runner may not receive outside assistance of any kind, including the following: food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off, pacing from non-racers, family members, or athletes who have withdrawn or was disqualified or has already finished the race. There will be ample official aid stations to provide the necessary food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off, including medical aid.
- All runners must obey instructions from race marshals and public authorities.
1) All race marshals have the authority to disqualify any participant.
2) Medical personnel have final say to disallow any participant to continue to race if said medical personnel feels an athlete’s well-being will be seriously harmed if this athlete continues on with the race.
3) Alcohol or any illegal, detrimental or dangerous drugs, stimulants, depressants or other substances or procedures with the intent to improve performance, eliminate the sense of fatigue or for any other purpose will be prohibited.
4) Full disclosure of one’s medical condition(s), general health and surgical procedures within the previous 12 months is required. Medical consultation/clearance may be necessary from an attending physician prior to acceptance into the race. In all cases, the final decision of medical consideration is at the discretion of the event Medical Director.
5) All medical expenses incurred during the race will be the sole responsibility of the participant receiving medical aid, medicines, and such.
6) Fraud, theft, abusive treatment of volunteers or others and acts of poor sportsmanship are grounds for immediate disqualification and will result in athlete being suspended from competing in any FInis & TRAP events in the future.
7) Communication devices of any type, MP3 players, iPods, and mobile phones are strictly prohibited during the race. Athletes found using these devices may be disqualified.
8) Race bibs and race registrations are non-transferable.
9) Non-racers cannot run alongside a racer inside the finish chute, including children carried in one’s arms. Plus, do not cross the finish line in a group. Your finish placement may be jeopardised, potentially resulting in loss of prizes, and .
10) If you are disqualified, or you withdraw, or were asked by medical personnel to discontinue racing, you are responsible to return your timing chip to a race official.
11) If you lose or forget your timing chip prior to the swim start, there are a few extra chips available, but you are still responsible to return the forgotten chip, or pay US$100 for the lost timing chip. If you lose your timing chip during the race, please inform a race official immediately. You will be required to pay US$100 for that lost chip.
12) All protests will be welcomed, provided a cash Protest Fee of P2,500 together with written file protest is submitted to the Race Manager within 30 minutes after the race. If protest is ruled valid, the correction will be announced and the protest fee will be refunded.
The swim will start at the Finis Floating Arch route will be lined with highly visible pyramid buoys as distance markers. The large cube buoys will be the TURN markers. There will be no rope lines to connect the buoys so make sure you “sight” your swimming direction frequently so you won’t be lost. After making a u-turn at your designated age group distance, swim towards the Finis floating Arch to complete your swim leg.
SWIM AID STATIONS
A Medic’s tent will be positioned at the beach near the finish arch to act as an aid station for hydration or any medical emergency.
Swim marshals composed of lifeguards and coast guards will be on kayaks, rubber boats and jet skis and will be positioned strategically throughout the spread of the swimmers from the leaders up to the tail end swimmers for proper safety monitoring.
In accordance with IATF and NCC directives, the use of masks in all public places are required.
• Pre-Race Requirements:
- Download and sign the Waiver, Health Declaration Form, Pledge of Adherence to all safety protocols.
- Request for a Medical Certificate of Fit to Race.
- Prepare Parental Consent for minors joining the race.
- Prepare the Vaccination Card.
• Race Protocols:
- Upon registration, each participant is required to submit a signed Health Declaration Form for contact tracing purposes, as well as a duly-signed Pledge of Adherence to all safety protocols.
- Working spaces and manpower deployment will be organized in a manner where physical distancing is respected.
- All pre- and post-race activities shall be socially distant or done virtually where possible.
• Post Race Protocol:
- At the end of this event, the local organizers will keep records of all involved for future reference should the need for contact tracing arise.
- Participants, members of the LOC, Technical Officials, volunteers and all involved in the FINIS SPRINT TRIATHLON shall undergo a post-race self quarantine and monitoring for 7 days. If anyone experiences common symptoms like fever, dry cough, tiredness, aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell, they should contact the Finis Organizing Committee so Finis can advise them what to do and conduct contact tracing accordingly.
- FINIS shall continue to monitor the status of its participants for the next 7 days after the event.
- Use StaySafe.PH as a tool to monitor all concerned.
Participants can only register via register.raceyaya.com, Participants should ensure they have read all race and event details, rules and protocols and agree to the terms of participation by ticking it before submitting registration.
1. Registration is only confirmed after payment. Paid fees are non-refundable, non-transferable & non-creditable to future FINIS races.
2. Participants should read all details and FAQs in this page and the terms and conditions before submitting their registration.
3. Participants should use an accessible email where confirmation and event updates and announcements will be sent, if any. Updates may be posted and updated in this page and in FINIS and RaceYaya social media accounts. It is the participants responsibility to be informed of any updates.
Please read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS on the use of the Registration Platform.