2nd Ulap Run - Road & Trail Challenge
January 28, 2024
Slowfootrunner Events Management starts the year where runners will experience the wonders of running the hills of Itogon.
Put "The 2nd Ulap Run Challenge" in your running list in 2024. It is scheduled on January the 28th.
The Ulap Run is a road & trail event is organized to invite participants to see the wonders Mt. Ulap offers and see the marvelous landscapes of Benguet.
Start & Finish lines will be at the at the exit of the Ulap traverse in Sta. Fe, Philex Road.
First come, first served basis only. No reservations.
- Sta. Fe via Philex Road
- Sta. Fe foot trail going up to Mt. Ulap Summit via Mt. Ulap Eco Trail & Camp Site 1
- Follow trail to Gungal Rock formation
- Follow trail exiting at Philiex Road then u-turn at Ampucao Barangay Hall.
Assembly Time: 3:00 AM
January 28 Sunday
- 36K Masters - 4:30 AM
- 18K Elite - 5:00 AM
- 18K Novice - 5:30 AM
- 36K Masters (2 Loops) - 10 Hours
- 18K Elite - 5 Hours
- 18K Novice - 6 Hours
REGISTRATION FEE: (All categories)
- Php 2,000 - Early Bird (Masters)- Last day - December 15, 2023
- Php 2,000 - Senior Citizen (Masters)
- Php 2,300 - Regular (Masters)
- Php 1,800 - Early Bird (Elite)- Last day - December 17, 2023
- Php 1,800 - Senior Citizen (Elite)
- Php 2,000 - Regular (Elite)
- Php 1,800 - Early Bird (Novice)- Last day - December 17, 2023
- Php 1,800 - Senior Citizen (Novice)
- Php 2,000 - Regular (Novice)
* For complete entitlements, last day of registration is on January 16, 2024
- Race Bib
- Environmental Fees
- Finishers Entitlement:
- Finisher's Medal
- Finisher's Shirt
- Post Race Meal
* Race bib claiming date and venue to be announced.
RULES & REGULATIONS
* All runners must be 18 years old and have completed one or more marathons or ultramarathons and trail running events to qualify in the race.
* All runners should be in the assembly area and required to check in with the organizers and sign the waiver before the start of the run.
* Runners must pin their race bib visible at all times during the race.
* Runners must pass through all the check points along the route.
* Runners must understand the unique nature and requirements of competing in an ultra-long distance road race.
* He/she must have undertaken the necessary training to compete in such a race.
* Runners should be self-reliant and will be responsible for his/her own safety by having the ability and skills to self-diagnose and deal with any problems that may be encountered during a race of this nature.
* Runners must be able to take care of themselves without any external assistance, under deteriorating weather conditions (e.g. rain, strong winds, hot, dry and humid weather,) and other unforeseen circumstances that may arise while the race is in progress.
* There will be hydration/aid station at each loop
* Runners may run on “self-support”
* Runners are required to BRING their own hydration bottles/bag.
- Plastic cups WILL NOT be provided.
* Runners are allowed to have their support vehicle & crew but are NOT allowed to have pacers.
* Support vehicles will not be necessary.
* Runners are NOT allowed to be “shadowed” by their support crew.
* Marshals will be posted on critical points along the course.
* Runners should run on the official race course.
* In case a runner gets lost, he/she should go back to the proper course. In no case shall the distance outside the race course be considered valid.
* Read road signs. There will be no road closure.
* The roads will be busy from 6am onwards.
* Always run facing traffic on the FARTHEST left side of the road on SINGLE FILE.
* Several parts of the road are dark and unlighted.
* Reflective running gears/vest, head lamp/lights, blinkers (Masters & Elite runners only) are MANDATORY UPON CHECK-IN.
* Take extra precaution and on the lookout for approaching vehicles, slippery & loose soil or gravel on foot trails.
* There will be a baggage counter at the venue.
* The organizers will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to your personal belongings.
* Keep the deposit slip for race bib claiming.
* Registration Fee is Non- Refundable.
* If you can’t complete the race, you must notify the race director thru a call or text message giving your race bib number, which will officially withdraw you from the race.
* Participants found to have been dishonest are immediately disqualified by the race organizer.
* Written Protest should be made within 1 hour after the cut-off time in case there’s complaint against cheating or violation of rules. A protest fee of P500 will be collected to process the complaint.
* Always check the event page for updates.
* This event takes place rain or shine.
* The organizers reserves the right to change rules and regulations at any time without prior notice to the participants.
* The Race Director’s decision is final and non-appealable.